Please process this request pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552.
The high rates of infant mortality, birth defects, cancer, autoimmune disorders, and sterility at the former George Air Force Base, CA, “EPA Superfund ID: CA2570024453,″ may have been caused in part by Aldrin, Dieldrin, other pesticides, daughter products, and/or metabolites.
Because of the release of the 4 February 2004, letter from Phillip H. Mook, Air Force Regional Environmental Coordinator, we now know that the Base Housing and property were contaminated with levels of Aldrin and Dieldrin that could pose a risk to human health if the contaminated soil is inhaled, ingested (e.g., children playing), or contacted by skin. See page: 4
Because of the release of the 1 October 2007, Base Housing CERCLA §120(h) Deed Restrictions, we now know that the Base Housing and surrounding property was contaminated with such high levels of Dieldrin or other possible pesticide-related constituents (“Pesticides”) that the following use restrictions had to imposed.
“Grantee covenants and agrees that it will not use, or allow others to use, the Property for residential purposes (including mobile or modular homes), hospitals for human care, public or private schools for persons under 18 years of age, nursery schools, or day care centers for children.” See pages: 5 and 6
I have received several statements from mothers who lived at George AFB housing, including:
- “I was asked to donate my infant’s body for scientific research by an airforce OB/GYN …”
- “I was asked to donate her body ‘to science’ so they could study this rare case of …”
Because of the well-documented health problems associated with the exposure to Aldrin and Dieldrin, the need exists to determine if a Completed Exposure Pathway (CEP) existed for the former George Air Force Base Housing occupants, and it is unreasonable to believe that no one was injured by the high levels of Aldrin, Dieldrin, other pesticides, daughter products and/or metabolites at the former George Air Force Base Housing and property.
- I am requesting the complete printout or export of the Autopsy Reports & Results for the Air Force personnel and family members who expired at the former George Air Force Base.
- Please redact the sensitive personal identifiers from these records.
- This request is not meant to be exclusive of any other records that, although not specifically requested, have a reasonable relationship to the subject matter of this request. If you, or your office, have destroyed or decide to withhold any documents that could be reasonably construed to be responsive to this request, I ask that you indicate this fact and the reasons in your response.