Because the Department of Defense (DoD) has not acknowledged the true nature and extent of the environmental contamination at the former George AFB, and its Completed Exposure Pathways (CEP):
- Doctors cannot treat the toxic exposures of base personnel and family members.
- Military personnel are being defrauded of their Medical Discharge, Military Pension, and medical care (TRICARE).
- Military personnel’s family members are being defrauded of their medical care (TRICARE).
- Veterans are being defrauded of their VA Service Connected Pension and VA medical care.
- Veterans’ family members are being defrauded of their VA medical care (CHAMPVA).
- Parents were never given the choice of whether or not to have children because these parents were not provided information about their toxic exposure and the possible effect that it may have on their pregnancy and unborn children.
- The two schools on George AFB remained open for 15 years after the base was closed, potentially unnecessarily exposing the children and staff to environmental contamination.
Completed Exposure Pathways (CEP)
“A completed exposure pathway (CEP) links a contaminant source to a receptor population, and people are likely to have been exposed to the substance.”
Source accessed on: 30 May 2013: http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/cep/